Virtual fluid dynamics analysis is a powerful tool that helps in the design phases of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), it allows simulation of the distribution of air flow and its temperature inside the means of public transport in the different environmental conditions before the implementation of the system.
- Creation of the CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) model of the environment to be analyzed inside the tramway starting from the geometries provided by the design office
- Steady or transient numerical simulations that virtually reproduce the different scenarios that may arise as the positioning of the air conditioning system vents and internal and external thermal loads vary
- Analysis of the presence of passengers inside the tram with their thermal properties for an accurate assessment of thermal comfort
Many are the benefits that fluid dynamics analysis allows to obtain:
- analyze different air conditioning system solutions in order to ensure the conditions of thermal comfort in terms of temperature, humidity and renewal of the air in the environment occupied by passengers
- obtain a wide range of additional information that would be very difficult to retain in the laboratory
- the opportunity to virtually examine different design solutions thus reducing development times and project costs